[Feedback] Nerf-Buff Phobies: Which Ones and What to Change

Russell needs buff I mean his target poison is decent but the cooldown and his HP and he can’t even fly kinda sucks for a 8 key ultra rare unit

1 Like

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

1 Like

It’s true look at other 8 key unit his HP is shit worse he has melee atk with no fly and the poison damage is too low to count as threat even the 5 cost dragon has better poison damage and mobility

2 Likes

the heart breaker has even worse hp

3 Likes

Heart breaker is bigger threat his skill can yeet a phobie out of the position game changing while Russel u just wait and pray they don’t heal and run away to use ur skill again look not only me lots of people feel the same

2 Likes

Buff Clobster. It feels weak and is a disapointing for a rare. About what to change, probably reducing the key cost by 1 will do.

2 Likes

Clobster has super high mobility with a good hp stat. It’s able to dart around the map and can be a super annoying unit if used correctly. Definitely doesn’t need a buff.

6 Likes

Imo while Clobster isn’t a great unit it’s certainly not deserving of something like a -1 key cost buff… That’s way too much.
I could see something like increasing it’s attack a bit though if they wanted it to be a bit better (it’s not completely unusable though, it can do well on larger maps - especially ones with healing spa’s or a lot of obstacles that other phobies normally have to walk around).

2 Likes

I would argue that Brony is currently the worst ultra-rare (needs a major buff) and is often placed in C on tier lists.

This is because he’s a 7-drop that cannot attack, cannot use its ability first turn, can hit allied units, and even when successful the pacify only lasts for 2 turns with a 4 turn cd (essentially useless during this time).

4 Likes

I agree normally try to avoid nerfing in general but beauty is the obvious exception. She’s just far too strong in every category. Beauty’s ability is also ZERO cooldown (which means it can be used twice in the same turn AND no unlock. Does any other phobie in the game have that?

I’d kind of like to see Furkin get a little bit of a buff, he’s just extremely situational. Maybe change his special to block a special for a set amount of turns (2 or 3?) instead of what ever the ability’s cd is so he’s not only effective against phobies with a long cd. Even some stat boosts couldn’t hurt.

I agree with most of maninyellow, nihgo, and sebtheork’s suggestions as well.

+/- keys on a phobie can be tricky, it effects the pace of using that phobie sure but also effects what other phobies can be used before and after. It also will have a much more pronounced effect on smaller maps and should be viewed as a proportion of the starting keys (i.e. making Stabby a 4 effects him much more than making Beauty a 9)

2 Likes

I agree with russell he is too lacking imo also stabby kinda op but atleast hes free for everyone i dont think he needs a nerf

2 Likes

is he that common? I almost play for 2 months and still no stabby T_T

5 Likes

Im new to the game and I am just getting my phobies to their 2nd level. Is there certain phobies that anyone would recommend to focus on spending resources on in the beginning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the jar, the wing, eratic, the clown, and the ant they all good I think also cassowary and stabby if you have them

3 Likes

buff passgetti life because for one more key the chicken (i dont remember his name) its better in all aspects.

2 Likes
  • I would put a 1 turn lock on snowball’s ability
  • I would somehow lock jar cannon from firing the turn he is placed
    I don’t think anything with a potential range of 5 should be able to pop up and deal damage
5 Likes

Jar and Snowball are both strong, but everyone has access to them eventually. I actually think the 5 range pop out is healthy for the game, since it can help punish an over extend and neither can one shot anything but the weakest phobies.

4 Likes

I believe rusty could use either a buff or a rework. I do understand its idea, but being unable to use its skill on first turn is really tiresome, you can’t use it for coming back to games, and setting it up is quite hard sometimes.

Or maybe making the skill also “freeze” the enemy (in terms of no attacking either) , that way it would be much more of a threat. Nonetheless, that’s just a wild idea of mine, as it doesn’t see any play just yet :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Bad shushi is literally bad. Its like throwing away your 3 keys. I am not going to explain how it is bad because it is quite obvious.

2 Likes

maybe change russel poison into disease, it fits his appearance that resemble doctor pleague

3 Likes