Add an "Underdog Bonus" when fighting higher level players

As anyone who plays the game knows, the Stress levels between players at mid-high ranks tends to be very imbalanced.

To provide more incentive and less frustration to the severely lower level players in each match, I propose an “Underdog Bonus” be provided.

What is this bonus? Basically, when matched against someone of a significantly higher Stress level, you receive a bonus for completing the game, whether you lose or win, such as a bonus coffee bean, extra tears, or whatnot, I’ll leave that to the devs to decide. This bonus is only provided if you don’t surrender and actually complete the game.

This will increase motivation for players to actually play instead of outright surrendering or mindlessly running their Phobies into the enemy to just get it over with. It will also make winning against a stronger player more exciting and losing less frustrating, since losses are partially mitigated and wins offer big rewards.

This does not have any impact on the higher level player, who will still receive their rewards as normal.

5 Likes

I love this idea! Hope this can be implemented in some way. Definitely helps that stress level 30 guy when he’s playing something at level 65 in the doomsday leagues.

2 Likes

Thanks for submitting your suggestion/s ! We appreciate our playerbase’s recommendations in improving the game, but do note that not all suggestions could make it into the game as it depends on how feasible it is to include in the game, and if the team thinks your suggestion is good it could potentially take a while to see it in the game.

Anyway, I have added your suggestion/s in my monthly Community Suggestions report!