Question of the day!

Zuigerphobia - Fear of Vacuum cleaners. Name Diesyn

I’m thinking of a fast vacuum cleaner phobie that has no or little attack, but whose special effect is to “suck up” or “spit out” another phobie into it from a distance, capacity of 1. Once it is “carrying” a phobie its movement is reduced (let’s say normal 3, occupied 1, as an example). Phobie inside stays there until either vacuum cleaner is killed, or spits it out. Can be used to either take an enemy phobie off the board (potentially spitting it out later to kill it with other phobies/dropping it into lava/space, or just as a removal tool) or potentially saving/spiriting away a friendly phobie in danger.

Balancing would probably be a nightmare, but it would be a fun mechanic to play with. Would fit easily with other phobie themes/designs too…I just like the idea of an anthropomorphic vacuum cleaner running around the board.

Could have a sister design of a Shark vacuum (another known brand) with similar, but related mechanics. Perhaps movement like the gopher phobie that goes underground/through objects, slowly digests prey inside it, but can only attack injured phobies (blood in the water).

3 Likes

I love that! maybe something like a train too. I would like it without the movement loss or maybe the movement is 2 at occupied. It would be great for transporting slow phobies. Pair it with Cerberus. Speedy Cerberus!!!