Russell is way to weak for 8keys

I recently got russell as my First ultra rare
And i gave him many trys.
But for 8 Keys He cant do anythig
There is no Chance that i dont lose, If i use 8keys to geht him Out… His ability cant be used after the First Turn i spawned him.
Every enemy uses that opportuni
ty to demolish me with His Units (because i used 8 Keys for that Bird)
He has only 1500 LP is melee and the poisen is Not worthit (after Every enemy Turn only 250)
U can expect robo Units from the enemy
after this and Russell gets His 1500lp hunted down.
I Like the Idea of him but He is Not playable…
Makes me sad that i spendet my Money in the Dreadfull Pack :disappointed:

1 Like

Are you playing only on small maps? Large maps are unlocked at stress level… 15 i think. He has more playability on large maps because he can hit up to 7 units instead of 5 and you have more keys.

1 Like

Yes i have, but Every time i spend 8 Keys on him, my enemy uses that opportunity to Push me.
8 keys and then waiting for the next Turn to activate the ability and after that another Turn bevore the First poison damage comes Out (200-300) in that time my Bird is dead or all my Units getting pushed Back and i get massive Heart damage.
I really really tried him in different Situations…
Never Worth the 8 keys

1 Like

He is usefull in Big maps in mid game , helps in forcing opponent to attack or retreat to heal up , can be deadly on slow moving dimensional and undead units .

1 Like

I get every point ur saying and i tried it many times.
But i think that he is missing something
(health, damage/poison damage, range Attack?)
I was already doubting my skill, but im not that bad. Im primals 3- on my way to doomsday 1.
But still thanks for the Tipps :grimacing::+1:

1 Like

I agree he is a pretty bad ultra-rare to get. Yeah you can make him work, but really hard to do so. Compared to let say, Beauty, Boss or Mildred which can really brutalize your enemy without a whole lot of planning.

His poison is really low too, It wont kill or even really hurt high HP units. Undead will leech through it. At level 1, its jut 800 damage over 4 turns. Which brings my next point. If you wait near the end the game, to surprise your enemy with him, you have to wait 4 more turns to see its full effect. The game might not last that long, and it really wont last, for you to use the skill more than once.

All in all, Smiley is ten times a better option than Russell. For one, its disease, so it wont run out. He is cheaper (only 5 keys) and if you take it out a good time, you can easily infect 3-4 enemy units, or at least 2 that you really want to take out.

1 Like

You got it on Point.
I hope he gets a buff or rework :eyes:
im really sad that i pulled a not playable ultra rare…

Russel can be very scary and can win you games, but he can’t be played in most games. When the game is stale in big maps and the opponent has commited itself into mostly non mechanical phobies, Russel is a monster and often the opponent will make an non optimal attack on your defenses, since time is on your side.

1 Like

Problem is that on many maps, there are healing pools. So its really only good for undead or maps with no healing pools. IMO Smiley is still 10 times better. I think my win rate with Smiley is actually quite high. And i’ve win many times against Russel.

That said, I dont own Russel, and maybe I’ve not seen him in enough games

1 Like

He “can” be very scary.
But out of 20 games, there is maybe 1 Game where the map is big enough and the enemy has less than 2 robots.
It’s sad that there is never a good situation to play Russell :confused:
and he is unplayable in a small Map with His 8 Key cost.
I like the Idea of him but he is not really playable, there are many better units to play instead

Overall, you’re right. He’s very situational. But the ability to win a game by himself is huge, 1 game out of 15. I’m in the Top 25 and I just lost to him in a small map two days ago - I was very pissed off. He’s not played often, so nobody plays around him. If you play an anti-mechanial unit early, your opponent will often overcommit on non-mechanical and then your setting the table for Russell.

IMO i think it also really depends what you are using for units and what you have on the board. We are in the same league, I’m guessing we might of played against the same person that had Russel (the 3100+ pool is pretty small). I lost against you recently, but I also destroyed Russel on that very same small map (lava in middle), using the exact same unit that I used when I lost againts you; “Chuck” . Chuck got poisonned, and I powered through anyways. Russel’s poison was not high enough to take down any of my units.

You’re totally right, and I would never have the idea of using Russel (I don’t have him…) when dealing with Chuck… It’s just not enough to bring down behemoths !
Funny thing is that I shared your Tier List, very good overall, with a friend who recently got Chuck. He was very skeptical about him, but I said that I was against you and you was using him. I finally won that one, and my friend is then still not much into Chuck.
But we’re against in other game right now, you and me :good luck, you’re a very skilled player and I hope I’ll be lucky or inspired again.

1 Like

Haha thanks, I think you’re just as skilled. You gave me a challenge and I think using Chuck againts you was bad.

I do win a lot with Chuck, I recently got him and he is in my lower level Phobies, but his reach… He is jarcannon-Hulk

Ikr no matter how very situational he is his poison damage is way too low to do anything

1 Like

Sac 1 key phobs to prevent pushes