[Discuss] What was your first impression of Phobies?

We always have first impressions of games each time a new one is introduced to us. We immediately judge a game based on the trailer or the poster even though we’ve never played the game yet.

So tell us what was your first thought when you first heard of Phobies before you started playing it? :slight_smile:

Players who haven’t played it yet are welcome to comment of course!

10 Likes

Horror game with insane imagery, showing all the depths of human fear

5 Likes

That’s an interesting first impression. I can imagine that would be other people’s impression of the game as well if just basing on the trailer. :joy:

2 Likes

HIIIIIIIIIIIIII, how you doing?

2 Likes

A game about fears, but made them cuter :laughing:

3 Likes

Card collecting game with pet battlefield (Yes, I consider them as pets)

4 Likes

Hahaha me too, I mean if you get to know your Phobies better they do become your pets that you battle with other Phobies.

5 Likes

My first impression was “Don’t Starve” but with more vibrant characters. After playing it, I realized it was like chess but ENHANCED.

7 Likes

I first thought of it as a game about phobias just like what other people have also replied.

3 Likes

A brawl stars, chess game with pets killing each other💀

3 Likes

TBH, I haven’t watched the trailer before. I actually saw your first post about Phobies in Facebook and that’s when I tried the game.

First Impression: WOW. :open_mouth: Voice over for Lippy surely fits the character (He’s the one who got me hooked in listening into turorials!) :relieved:

Speaking of tutorial, this game is soooo detailed. It never missed a topic though some might be elaborated further (like for example, lippy mentioned there are 4 types of Phobies but I can’t recall in there that he actually showed the types) though not a big deal since you will learn about it along the way! :relaxed:

Graphics and Art: Super love it! 5/5

C’mon, when’s the global release?! Sooo many peeps are missing out right now. Show them this beautyyy. :heart:

6 Likes

my first impression was like an open world pet battling-like system :joy:

2 Likes

InLOOOVE with the cute graphics and the concept of phobias battling it out on a mind-boggling strategy game. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I thought it was a game about literal using of cards, didn’t expect it to be a turn-based game lol! But the trailer blew me away, it was so nicely animated and that made me play haha!

3 Likes

i seriously liked the idea of the cards being based of a phobia

3 Likes

Pretty classic turn-based RPG style, with “Horror Pokemon” vibes, but all of the Phobies I’ve seen so far are cute. Having two separate game modes for long-term and short-term fights also takes me back to when I used to play Chess online haha. The focus on strategy is great, and the combat is really well-balanced.

2 Likes

The animation and music, that matters when I play a game, also the play style, leaderboards, upgrades, etc. And, Vendy was also my first impression, he is such a cute character, he reminds me of Teemo

2 Likes

Will keep this fairly simple, lippy had me amazed, not to mention how satisfying the music is. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Lippy pulled me into the game. The game was fascinating.

3 Likes

Reminds of that old Nickelodeon cartoon, and their currency were human toe nails

3 Likes