[Discuss] What was your first impression of Phobies?

When I saw the trailer I thought it was a good game. I thought I’d play it for a few hours and then get bored.

But now that I’ve been playing it for days, I can say that it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played.
Good Job SGI Inc. :smiley:

6 Likes

Is the show (Aaaah!) Real Monsters?

1 Like

I love the lippy, the voice, the way he talks, all!!!

I never seen a game like this (with this feature that you can play whatever you can, you don’t need to be online), I liked

maybe will we haver a translation for pt-br? would be nice call my friends to play, but in english its hard for them

2 Likes

First I was absolutely in love with Lippy. I saw that the art style and characters fit the same theme and I was pleasantly surprised to see the budget didn’t end with Dr. Lipp-n-Furter. What came next was something I wasn’t quite ready for, as I’m sure we’ve all experienced: The Fart Sheep.

When I saw the characters are categorized as “Fears” I realized that behind this goofy appearance there was some deeper character and world development. These weren’t just doodles, they’re fully fleshed out real fears come to life in a brave way.

Seeing backrounds from endless cubicles, to the dreaded locker room. Even a coliseum of mannequins centered around social media obsession. This is fear-inducing stuff, for real. But in the context of Phobies it feels empowering to laugh at. Especially right now. There’s some magic happening here and I think that deserves recognition.

Enjoying the game so far! Cheers.

5 Likes

If the game doesn’t balance the match making it’s gonna be pay to win.

1 Like

I was instantly reminded of the game Duelyst. Which I found when searching for a game that was similar to what they played in Star Wars on the Hologram table.

Very awesome strategy game. I like that I keep seeing new units and I am always suprized by the unique art.

Keep it up guys!

2 Likes

I love how Sheeping Gas is representative of the environment being bad for the environment. :joy: First impressions… honestly seemed a bit generic and I downloaded it just to stave off curiosity, thinking it would just be another collection and auto-battle game.

Wow, was I wrong. The opening cutscene drew me in immediately with all those prominent ‘fear factors’ jabbing away at the screen. Lippy is a fun and enterprising host (reminding me of Amicus Arcane from the Haunted Mansion and, obviously, Frank’n’Furter). The designs and abilities and strategy are just great.

Thank you for a fun game!

2 Likes

My guess / impression from the trailer and images was “Collectible card game with fun horror theme, and turn based combat. Looks like Disgaea mixed with Heartstone” and i love the Disgaea franchise. Was not dissapointed, i do feel the art and the music are very in synch with Disgaea.

2 Likes

pokemon tactics

actually what initially made me download the game was… many moons ago i used to play marvel hero clix…

and wizkids had a short lived failed game called “creepy clix” or something along those lines.
and it was basically a horror themed version of hero clix with monsters and stuff

this instantly reminded me of that. so i downloaded it

1 Like

I found this game by chance on the Google Play store, I looked at the screenshots and I thought ‘oh this looks interesting, I might as well try it and see where this goes’, I also skimmed through the reviews that are on the Google Play store’s page and then, I downloaded the game. (six days ago) Needless to say, I love this game and the phobies are cute to look at. I’ve also spent/invested about $125 dollars in Google Play cards and I am more then willing to spend more money on this game because it’s quite addicting!!! Keep up the amazing work you guys!!!

1 Like

Mine was, a game with fears, kinda like a mix of Yu-Gi-Oh and Fire Emblem Heroes.

1 Like

When I saw the trailer i thought it was like chrono trigger with monsters and aliens

1 Like

It is the best game forever. It’s like you mix Clash Royale and Chess, replace the characters with monsters and make it x1000 better.

Scacchi innovativo e con una tematica e dei disegni veramente bellissimi! Complimenti :relaxed::heart_eyes:

Razor mouth. I love cats.

It seemed like a basic horror game to me, terror phobias and the subconscious and such, but at the same time I felt an attraction for the character design of the covers and with other factors that fueled my desire to try it, and here I am in this small but nice community

Weird, but …

When I first downloaded and opened up Phobies, I saw the animation of Lippy and liked it so far. However, when I first saw the gameplay, I thought it was weird. I didn’t initially like the font style of the cards nor the cards section in the Phobies tab. I didn’t like the layout of the game because it was different than all the other games. So I deleted the game.

However, just after deleting the game, I kept getting visuals of the gameplay in my head from time to time, with Sheeping Gas using its gas attacks and special attacks, the Bat’s special attacks, and other remember-able Phobies. It kind of felt satisfying when thinking about them. It was weird when I first played, but I still found some Phobies satisfying when they attacked.

So I re-downloaded Phobies to check out these specific Phobies again. I started to slowly observe everything a little more: the layout of the game, Map, the nice animation of each Phobies, the cards information: the Health, Range, Movement, and Damage symbols to get comfortable with the statistics, etc. After using more of the favorite Phobies that I was imagining, I started to enjoy the battles, and the entire mechanics of the game, more and more.

I loved specifically the Staremaster Phobie because of its simple and cute appearance, and powerful stats. This was my first Phobie I enjoyed playing with and I still do! :slight_smile: Now, I have many other favorite Phobies, and I hope to get more and more from the Album of Phobies.

2 Likes

I loved every monster I came across and loved how imaginative characters and character abilities are.

I didn’t expect such well designed characters, animations, sounds etc. Lippy especially blowed me away. I was dragged into the game really fast. I just felt like i have to explore it all. And it was very interesting in the beginning. But now I am gradually getting feeling of repetativeness. Would be cool to see some other game mods. Maybe some battles with AI, boss battles, battles against players with special conditions and so on. But still game is amazing.
I’m pretty new here and want it to be even better :blush:
Saw on the forum a section with player’s idias, would like to share some of mine

I think its a horor game, when you need to run from phobies(and I think the Razor Mouth is the strongest phobie in the game,because he is on the game icon).