Electrical, Mechanical, Hard Counters, Damage Types and Races

We need more hard counters. The only hard counter that exists in this game is Electrical countering Mechanical. It is imbalanced and also not fun.

I’ve wiggled my way into Primals1 with a garbage deck and without spending a dime, but for whatever reason my deck has a tonne of mechanical phobies, only 2 flying phobs, and only 1 electrical phob. This makes it impossible move ahead because no other real counters exist.

Let’s take a look:

*Hard counter describes a phob type that the discussed is specifically designed to counter, while Soft counter describes a counter with alternative solutions, ie. poison counters undead, but can be healed, whereas there is no protection from electrical for mechanical; soft v. hard.

Mechanical

• Features: Cannot be Poisoned
  • Negatives: Bonus damage taken from Electrical
  • Hard Countered by: Electrical
  • Hard Counter to: Poison
  • Soft Countered by: None
  • Soft Counter to: None

Undead

• Features: Heals on attack
  • Negatives: Cannot be healed or cured other than by self
  • Hard Countered by: None
  • Hard Counter to: None
  • Soft Countered by: Poison
  • Soft Counter to: Poison

Dimensional

• Features: Deals phobie damage on death and pulls them toward
  • Negatives: 50% increased poison damage
  • Soft Counter to: Ranged

Monster

• Features: N/A
  • Negatives: Has no features
  • Soft Counter to: None

IMO Electrical needs to be nerfed (just look at Electricat at level 5+ doing 700+ damage to mechs for the cost of 1 key), or the other damage types need to be buffed into relevance. So far my games almost always devolve into who has the most electrical because they still do good physical damage, but they also delete mechanical; no other damage type gets that, and i dont think that any current drop in physical damage on electrical units is enough to balance that, either

Additionally, there is virtually no love for other damage types. Poison? As long as I get damage in - as the countered-class, Undead - my phobie is still useful for a few more turns. Everyone else, easy cure. Fire? Please, I’ve only see 3 phobies who do fire damage thus far, and it’s always low, or effects a tile not a phobie.

If you ask me, i might say:

• Undead should take +50% from fire (and add more fire phobies); only 50% because it can’t be cured
  • Mech + Elec can stay the same
  • Monsters should take +100% from poison; 100% because it can be cured, and everyone at SL20 gets a healer
  • Dimensional should do 50% less dmg to Monsters on death; remove poison vulnerability

Games would likely be quicker if there were more hard counters, too.

Idk. i’m pretty toasted when typing this. $0.02

2 Likes

I think Monsters should remain the neutral type just so the game doesn’t become a rock/paper/scissors of hard counters, but the Fire weakness to Undead is really clever! It reminds me of the horror trope of burning the bodies of the undead to prevent them from rising again…

1 Like

It reminds me of the horror trope of burning the bodies of the undead to prevent them from rising again…

i was going for that logic, ye, thinking of vampires in buffy, or the dead in game of thrones.

1 Like

Are you joking or something every electrical phobie needs a buff they are all C or D tier on tier list and are super situational. Electro cat, Temptressss, Ray Chargels, and Sparky all need huge buffs.

Yeah I agree with this all of the electric phobies are very underwhelming. This is one of the main reasons why mechanical phobies are used so often and are super good here are some examples, Blasto Matic, Heavo 3.0 and 2.0, Jar cannon, and attractor .

Thats what i mean in my subject, thanks to think zbout that important fact about that game. I was looking for a kind of list like pokemon for know if the hard counter is only for electrical vs mechanical. Thank you