Poor Sportsmanship

I’ve had several experiences regarding poor sportsmanship against other players, and while I’m not sure what the solution might be - I would like to make a space to flag the behaviour

I have just completed an arena match where my opponent spent the last several rounds repeating and undoing the same action until their time ran out (instead of either proceeding with our match or resigning)

Also, as users are unable to skip the last round of combat - I have also witnessed both winners and losers take time to extend the duration of the final round for as long as possible… forcing their opponents to sit through an elongated final round of useless movements

I don’t know what to suggest as a solution, but it doesn’t seem like the game has any tools to address or bypass trolling

4 Likes

What do you mean by “users are unable to skip the last round of combat”? Did this happen in arena?

Hello,

I understand your concern and I’ll escalate this to the team. I’ll also be suggesting the ability to flag or report players in Arena. About the other concern you have, could you please further elaborate on that? Thanks.

:small_orange_diamond: Jimp, Moderator

@Yasinan, on IOS you can’t skip your opponents last move if it’s the final round of the async match. Is this not the same for other platforms?

Oh, ok I got it now. According to Boss, they didn’t allow the skipping of last round yet in async because its a complicated issue. They are looking to fix it after post launch

1 Like

Hi Yasinan, Jupiter

You can’t skip the last turn replay on any of the platforms right now. We do plan to address it but as Jupiter mentioned it’s a bit of task to complete unfortunately due to the way the simulation works and handles the end of a game. We chose to focus on other features for launch and will get back to this and address it in a coming patch.
Cheers,
Boss

I recently returned to play this game after quite a long hiatus… and am saddened to see that after 10 months that taunting and poor sportsmanship is still a staple within the phobies community.

I can only anecdotally comment on this… but it doesn’t seem as though it is uncommon to find instances of mocking and taunting coming from whomever has the last round in an async matchup (either in the winning or loosing position)

I hope that this is something that SG will prioritize and work to address - because it is a fun game that you should be proud of… but this is a major deterrent that detracts from what would otherwise be an enjoyable experience :heart::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hey Jupiter.

Bad players can be found in a variety of games. While not pleasant, we empathize with how it can definitely hinder your enjoyment.

Would a reporting feature be something you’d be interested in? We’d be keen on hearing more about how we, as a team and community, could combat this particular instance.

If you have any samples of bad behavior, we’d be happy to receive them via email so we can share them with the team for review. Please email them to community@smokingguninc.com

We’re sorry that after returning from hiatus, that this was a result that you had seen. We definitely don’t want your experience with Phobies to be a negative one. :slight_smile:

Your feedback is appreciated.

1 Like