[Discuss] What was your first impression of Phobies?

What’s funny is that when I saw it I thought it was bad for some reason bc on the app store I “didn’t like” the screenshots on the app store for some reason then I decided too download it and I loved it ever since I used to think jar cannon was the strongest for some reason lol

I thought it was like any other mobile game but i was wrong i was pleasantly suprised it was actually fun and engaging and it still is to this day but the monetazation is very bad but i still have hope you guys can fix it and the gameplay,music and design still make up for it and there are curtainly worse monetazation in games and yes im looking at you clash royale dragon city and every EA game in this green and blue rock we call earth

1 Like

Sorry i’m late, honestly I don’t exactly remember. I do however, remember playing until 3 in the morning every night and eventually going to sleep due to fatigue. This game will be passed down through the generations of my family as the holy grail of all card based strategy games (Imo).

I do remember seeing the ad multiple times, and i never skipped it. It (the art style) always intrigued me, its so unique. At first I ignored it (the ad), but after i looked at it i couldn’t help but pre register.

I was just playing a cheap mobile game. I was really bored, and I was trying out a game to see if it was good (it wasn’t), and the ad for Phobies popped up. It was unlike all the cheapo, badly designed mobile game ads I always expect, and I decided to try it out, though I was worried it would just be some kind of boring auto game.

Oh boy. It’s so good.

I lead the chess club at a school, and so you can imagine how I fell in love with this game. It’s like chess, but different, more personal, and so very detailed. It’s beautiful and designed, and I thought it was going to be lame.

2 Likes