I ended a game, got an async error and a forfeited match came back on restart

I ended a vs match with the other guy surrendering. The game froze and I had to do a hard restart on the app. Upon restart, the vs match is back !!

YOu have a huge notification asking if you want to surrender, so how can it COME BACK AS A CONTINUATION if you, as the opponent, ended it?

Username MadMagoo
Samsung s21 Ultra
Game still pending. User is Polycopie. He/ she ended game originally as a forfeit but now a bug or hack forced me to play again.

This is bs. SO if I win again and force another surrender, I must play this game AGAIN if the system hits this bug / hack (idk) again ?!

Please kill off this match and check into this. I have the logs if they are needed as well. I can send them via email or however you guys specify.

Hi @MadMagoo sorry you experienced this, but I would like to help look into this. Can you please provide your game log to us via email: community@smokingguninc.com

Also include the details you provided here and a screenshot/video if you have one, so our QA team can investigate this further.

1 Like

Reply sent as requested. Screenshot included.

Hey MadMagoo! I’ve gone ahead and submitted a report to our devs. We will update you on the status of the report as soon as we’re able!

What can I do about the game? Can it be deleted so I can start new games?

Our team is investigating the issue, so I’ll see what can be done if it is possible.

When the match originally ended in a surrender, were you able to receive rewards or did it crash prior to the screen?

I was able to receive awards and start new games after the match ended in a surrender.

The crash occurred when I was trying to close out of a third or fourth game and the screen froze. I waited approximately 5 minutes then I closed the app and reset the device.

Perfect, thank you! Just updated the team with this information!

Thanks. Just plz let me.know.when the match is deleted.

1 Like

Still unable to play due to this. Game is still pending and I am forced to play it until it cancels. Do not understand why it cannot be deleted.

@chu Kind of done asking about this now. How do I go about resetting / deleting my account? I’d like to start over.

I would rather lose straight forward. I cannot play until the game times out and it does not sit well with me doing this.

All I’d like to do now is delete my current game account. How do I go about doing so to reset?

Hey @MadMagoo I do apologize for the inconvenience and the time taken.
These kinds of issues do take time to investigate.

The dev team does have a question:
What happens when you click the “Play” button of that match, does it crash? Is it still stuck?

It would start but now, it’s past the game duration period. It had 3 hrs left at the time of my last email.

Apologies for any inconveniences caused. I’ve updated them with that information.
The investigation is still ongoing but we will do our best to keep you updated more on the status.

Suffice to say, I’m kind of irritated right now. Not only have I taken a loss due to this (it was already surrendered!), this other person won, not due to a well-played game but due to a bug/ glitch/ hack or whatever. And my W/L is affected - np.

Now I’m asking to have my account deleted to start over anew. Please let me know how to do this and I will consider this matter closed. That’s all.

Hey MadMagoo

Apologies, our team was deep in investigation regarding this report.
Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done regarding match history.

You should be able to create a new account and unbind the email from your current.
Account deletion isn’t currently available at this time but is being looked into.

I do apologize for the inconvenience. There is only so much our team can do while reports are being investigated.

If there is anything else we can help with, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

With this being resolved by our team, I’ll go ahead and close this thread now.