Match viewing - Add Keyboard controls, play back features

I’ve not seen any topic on this but it seems a bit obvious, I know you’re multi platform and so doesn’t apply to mobile and tablet as much, but it does to PC, and that’s the platform most would share or view from.

Keyboard controls:

1. Spacebar to pause or play a match. - just that would be great so far.

But also

1. Arrow keys to skip turns back and forth

2. Tab key to view team stats. - this could be in live play as well tbh. I know clicking the profile picture does this, so adding a key for it shouldn’t be too hard. You might want to cycle, my team, their team, both teams, off.

4. Team Status displayed
Similar to 3 - but why not have a key which displays the card and stats of a phobie that recently spawned. Display it top right or left over the profile pic out the way. This way people who record their games to share on youtube don’t have to pause the match, click on a phobie, show the card, click off the card, and unpause the match. - Much faster. Card is timed appearance. Like a baseball card pop up. People who want to read it longer can pause their video.

5. Continue game button
Idk why probably because its in different modes but if you are reviewing a match why do you have to exit it to then play the same match? Add a continue or go to match button.

6. Saved Games breaking
So match viewing breaks because of game updates. I don’t know how your back end works, but wouldn’t it be like some kind of move list, like chess, that you can feed into an engine to reproduce the exact same occurrences? Other than strong stat changes which would effect the outcome i.e. a unit attacked no longer dying, the move list could still show what would happen in each version. I don’t think there have been any stat changes recently which would change that and yet my saved games from a few months ago are broken. Seems strange.

7. Win/loss per player
I’d like to see how many times I’ve played someone, wins and loses, and just a reminder note if they were toxic at the end etc. That could be a simple emoticon to add.

Cheers

I think a lot of the others are good changes, the devs have specifically come out and said they cant fix #6. It is cause of the reason you listed, when they do balance changes (one happened fairly recently) it can change certain interactions between cards. The current system works on recreating the moves within the match so theyd have to change it so it keeps track of every older version of a card which becomes problematic over multiple updates where multiple cards get changed and certain cards get changed multiple times. Because of that, whenever a major update happens they have to shut down replays.
Your cards may not have changed but plenty of units did recently and so they had to shut down all replays cause determining which replays had old units and which didnt would require coding the game to check every single replay in the entire history of the game every single update for every single unit that got changed, which isnt very practical.
Still, a lot of your ideas are very good quality of life improvements for the game and id like to see them implemented

1 Like

Yes I thought it would be because of the updates system. There’s only 7 or 8? Saved games you can star which is another limit I didn’t know. Still, I suppose a work around for breaking is use simple tags, these units are in this match, this match is under version so and so. Any tags which get flagged on a new update turn off the reply. Any matches without any of those units in them wouldn’t break. This must be happening already to a degree to be honest.

Or if you wanted to keep every match version in history it would uses a look up table to see what the values were for units at that time for that version. It’s just a text document. Or the replay uses the values from the look up table, separate from the current game balance.

1. Say how many replays you can star. If a reply is to break, use the summary screen as a thumbnail to be enlarged. Add a challenge button to the image to challenge that player again.