[Event] Phobies Map Maker

IGN: PhatBread
Small Map: The Divide
This map encapsulates the fear of heights, as it depicts a clifftop with wobbly stones, perilous lava and a ledge around every side (but fear not, phobies will not fall out of the map)
The map has quite a few obstacles between the keyholes and their hearts, so you will have to decide whether a phobie goes to defend their heart, or play offensively
However, perhaps a flier, lobber, or terrorformer could manage to do both!

1st Entry Since my other first was deleted

Made some more balance changes

Title: Dead man’s duel
IGN: KTwiz
Small Map
Theme: Cavern

5 Likes

1# Entry:

• Title: Lost Station
  • My IGN: Corvuja
  • Dimension: Small Map
  • Theme: Abandoned Train Station

I imagined it as an abandoned Train Station.
I like the idea as a corridor because it can limit the space but you can also do a lot with it, breaking the obstacles, flying over it or dominating the center.
The theme is like a circus coming to town or those creepy abandoned wagons.
The obstacles would be some dark wagons and/or cages (closed or opened like a beast has broken it).

2# Entry:

• Title: The Breach (or PTSD)
  • My IGN: Corvuja
  • Dimension: Large Map
  • Theme: World War II

Ok, this is supposed to be like a real war.
I imagined it as those Naval Battle Game, that we use to play in a paper, where both teams are divided by a line.
But this one is a different fight, because you gotta fight to dominate a big war divided by a trench.
The obstacles were imagined to be like trenches, unable cannons or some shipwrecked.
I made it thinking how a real trench would be like, and how would be a real fight to control the epicenter in a big map, with some other tricky possibilities.
Almost forgot, I imagined these middle as a brigde. Made some pun with that breach/brigde thing. haha
Hope you all enjoy, at least! :slight_smile:

Title: Brony’s Wonderland
IGN: Valdora
Map: Large Map
Theme: Brony Theme

Description:
I want to make something that phobie related. I check every ability of every phobie and brony took my interest, the ability is beautiful and stunning. And it would be perfect for a map

In the above picture is the blueprint Or the main body of the map. I try to make it balance, have many openings that every player too and comeback can happen aswell.

I tried making it so no one phobie will be so dominant, it’s almost impossible to win when your enemy has it

This is what the board I imagine to look like. I want to be feel like brony theme, I taken inspiration of the ability itself

This is what my interpretation of what the map will look like when it in the game. Of course, there’s many way to improve the looks but I hope this map will interest you.

Goodluck to other contestants.

4 Likes

Entry #2
IGN: Adriphobia.

Map Name: Stalagfight!
Map Size: Large (9x9)
Theme: Dark Caves

Map Info:

• Unleash your fears to fight towards the cave’s deepest and darkest domains, see through the entire battle and may the strongest one remains.
  • Dark brown cave along with stalagmites and stalactites (hopefully) that has 5 panic points, surely contestable. 1 panic point is surrounded by lava tiles to ensure both sides wouldn’t be ahead of securing important spots for latter game development. 2 healing spas that can be shared or fought by the two players. 2 abyss holes to make sure ranged phobies wouldn’t abuse their positions (push them!). Hexagonal obstacles design to ensure that the phobies will feel like they’re fighting inside a ring (it can be terrorform too! close enemy’s path or block your heart).

Goodluck to everyone! May lippy bless us with beans!

7 Likes

ENTRY 2/2

MAP NAME: Atlantis
IGN: cha
SIZE: Small Map
THEME: Undersea

9 Likes

Entry 1

Map Name: Twisted World #4
IGN: ANDA&MINI17
Map Size: Small Map
Theme: Twisted Realm

My idea in this map is Combining some of the original Phobies maps color, obstacles, and tiles color.

3 Likes

1. Entry
1 Like

Entry #2:

Name: Speluncaphobia
IMG_20220802_184631

IGN- JellyMiaou
Map size- Large
Theme- dark cave

Legends:
Blue target= panic points
Keyhole= keyhole
Heart= Heart
Brown wall texture= obstacle
Empty tile= void
Star tile= damage booster tile

1. Entry

title: a flying help
Game name: unconejo
Small map 5x9
theme: Moai (alien)

Entry #1

Mechanics-
Title/Name of Map: Atlantis Madness
Entry Type: Hand-Drawn
In-Game Nickname: BharatM.
Map Size: Large Map
Theme: Underwater

Location of spawn points and player bases/hearts:

• Blue Spawn Point is located on the center, left end of the Map.
  • Red Spawn Point is located on the center, right end of the Map.
  • Blue base/heart is located 2 spaces right of blue spawn point.
  • Red base/heart is located 2 spaces left of red spawn point.

Important Note: The image I have is kind of small. To see a better visual of everything, please click on the image itself, 2 times. You can then use the scroll bars, or click the mouse wheel, to move around/inspect the image. Thank you.

5 Likes

Entry #2

Mechanics-
Title/Name of Map: Oasis of Chaos
Entry Type: Hand-Drawn
In-Game Nickname: BharatM.
Map Size: Small Map
Theme: Desert

Location of spawn points and player bases/hearts:

• Blue Spawn Point is located at the top left end of the Map.
  • Red Spawn Point is located at the bottom right end of the Map.
  • Blue base/heart is located 1 space right of blue spawn point.
  • Red base/heart is located 1 space left of red spawn point.

Important Note: The image I have is kind of small. To see a better visual of everything, please click on the image itself, 2 times. You can then use the scroll bars, or click the mouse wheel, to move around/inspect the image. Thank you.

4 Likes

Map Name: Dungeon Family
Map Size: Small
Map Theme: Classroom (like The Big House)
IGN: GeraldFan

Entry #1

This is my map for the contest. I tried to arrange the map to have a slower tempo but not slow enough to cause stalemates. The map is most definitely lobber focused as lobbers tend to be my favorite kind of Phobie, so I wanted to make a map with them in mind. However, I don’t think they will be too dominant as only one or two would see practical use at a time, and on top of that they aren’t overly protected. I debated whether to bring the hearts closer to the stim pads but decided not to. While there will be less synergy with melee Phobies, it will discourage a rushdown playstyle and prevent the game from ending quickly. This, along with the map’s other unique features, will encourage creative plays and allow for more Phobies to see useful applications. Anyway, I am hoping that you guys enjoy my map as much as I enjoyed making it. :sunglasses:

Possible map names
-Purpura
-Gloom
-Ghastly

IGN:TertianSneez
Map size:Big Map
Theme:Scary woods/forest

11 Likes