title: neon city
IGN: bargf13
small map
theme: neon

I want win this event whith my brother: JEHL15

Title: Tunnel Vision/Obsession
In-Game Name: lasercatte
Map Size: Large
Theme: Obsession. It’s right in front of you. It’s the center of your universe. You’re staring at it. But you’ve got to tear yourself away and find balance in your life.

Ideally the background would look like the inside of someone’s head, with motifs of thinking & brains, and chains & cobwebs. But if not, the background with the eyes might make sense too.

Concept Notes:

Currently most maps have spawn locations placed far away from each other so that it’s unlikely a new spawn will affect the battle unless one player has pushed deep into the other’s territory, granting the oppressed player a defending advantage. But what if we break the mold?

In this map, both players spawn nearly on top of a panic point. However, it is obvious to both players early in the map that anything they place in the hotly contested center is likely to be immediately destroyed. The early game would rely on achieving a balance between flipping the middle point cheaply, and gaining territorial control over the two sides.

Throughout the game, and especially toward the late game, the number of keys banked will have immediate consequences for how the middle plays out, factoring heavily into the decisions about how to spend them as the game goes on, especially since your own spawn is the only thing in between the enemy and your heart.

3 Likes

Screenshot 2022-08-03 11.21.46 PM
Map name:Gardens and Graveyards
pink tile:healing spa
black tile:pit
red tile:lava
Ign:Tacobulldog
theme:one half of the map is a garden the other half is a grave yard
the zombie head,venus,spud,unicorn,bucket,etc are obsticals

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-08-04 12.18.28 AM
Map name:The dentist
red tile:lava
black tile:pit
Ign:Tacobulldog
theme: a vist to the dentist
the tooth,mask and tools are obsticals

Name of the map: The ring of fire
IGN: SoulDarkrai
Large map
Theme: Purgatory
(Green = floor xd)

Hard to determine weather or not the design is functional (strategic and balanced) without utilizing the phobies for trail and error. Feel free to tweak maps accordingly if needed as an insperational foundation. Would enjoy seeing a map I created or inspired in the game:

Title: The Final Battle
IGN: cwbykrptk
Large Map
Theme: Viking (The dual at the base of an active volcano)

Title: Kill Spawn/Last Phobie Standing
IGN: cwbykrptk
Large Map
Theme: Western Shootout

Entry 2
Map Name: Electric Mayhem
IGN: Juggernaut69
Theme: Power Surge
Panic Points: Grey X’s
Healing pad: Pink Circles
Obstacles: Grey Squares
Pits: Black Circles
Stim Pad: Triangles
Vault: Attempts at Blue and orange key holes
Blue and Orange Heart
I would like the background to have wires running along the edges of the map that give off a blue glow as electricity runs through them and loose wires dangling from the ceiling that have little sparks going off.

I sort of tried doin something similar with the spawn points. Was thinking the same thing. Theres a lot of interesting maps. Urs is cutthroat lol. Good luck

Entry #1
Title: Eternal Focus :eye: (the map design is similar to the cat’s iris)
IGN: Rodízio
Size: Large Map
Theme: Multiple eyes or cameras looking at you (always being watched!)

Map Key:
White hex tile, with a person falling= The Abyss

Damn. Nice artwork. Maps look interesting. Goodluck

1 Like

Entry #2
Title: Great Spa
IGN: Rodízio
Size: Small Map
Theme: relaxing space (with beds or something to rest)

Map Key:
Pink Puddles= Healing Spa

Can I make a new tiles that match my theme? Like a tile that can move and do damage?

Title: Eternal desert
Size: Large map
Theme: Desert
Entry number: #1
IGN: Chau7_

You are now entering in a new theme map, welcome in the eternal desert.
Are you ready for this fight ?

2 Likes

Scary. But looks fun

Name of the map: Pit of despair

IGN: Nektyn

Small Map

Theme: Black and Cyan(3bacc8) coulered map. Obstacles are cells with amorphous “entities” in which only cyan-colored eyes are visible. (Black mist when broken)

The environment is Hex Rocks, with contrasting geodes, hands sticking out of the rocks reaching for freedom.

Map name: Halloween party.
IGN: ZhiboGuo
Map type: Large
X:panic points
Lightning: stim pads
Square: wall
Red block: lava
key: key
heart: heart

Now my 2nd Entry

Title: Gears N Gears

IGN: KTwiz

Small Map

Theme: Steampunk

5 Likes

Hello, I am CUQC13, I have come to participate in this event known as ‘‘Phobies Map Maker’’, this being my first entry. My In-Game Name is (worth the redundancy) CUQC13

On this occasion I have come to apply my proposal for a ‘‘Short Map’’ with a night/midday theme; you can call it The Date or Night Cinema but I called it ‘‘Viewpoint’’ in reference to the parks whose main attraction is to serve to look at the landscape.
After analyzing it and verifying that it is fair for both parties, I suggest this arrangement for the map (which I captured in the image) but it can be implemented in any other if you wish. The accommodation is made to incite the advance and destroy although the holes could cause problems if precautions are not taken; ranged attackers and pushing phobies might be the key, but flying units will be formidable allies in nullifying such defenses.

1 Like