How would you classify phobies openings?

When you start a phobies game, async or arena, how would you tell his playing style depending on what he plays when he goes second? In my opinion, I would class them in 5 different categories:

1. Pass: When your opponent clicks “end turn” right when you play your move. He wants to keep keys so he brings out a swarm or a big scary phobie.
  2. One 1/2 key: Your opponent wants to keep his keys while maintaining small influence on the map.
  3. One 3/4 key: Your opponent wants to control one panic point at a time and take free phobies if he can (or on big maps units that can take 3 steps in one turns).
  4. One 1 key and one 2 key: Your opponent tries to take as many panic points at the same time and waits for your unforgivable decision.
  5. Three 1 key: Your opponent really wants panic points quickly

This is how I would know my opponent’s playing style, stubborn defense or angry assault or somewhere in the middle.

1 Like

Very interesting! I like it!

1 Like

Very interesting! I like it!

Ummm
I’m also adding one thing just for other peoples’ reference: Don’t bank your keys. If you’re going first, it might be viable (I don’t really recommend), but if you’re going second, you give your opponent WAY too much control over the map. If they know how to play, they will likely overwhelm you.

If you want to save for a big phobie, I highly recommend playing a cheap phobie to fend off your opponent. I like to play Uni Corn, K-9000 and Casso also work as well as Razor mouth if you really want keys.

Note: if you’re going second and your opponent’s first turn was very slow or they banked their keys, banking your own keys is viable.