[Feedback] Nerf-Buff Phobies: Which Ones and What to Change

But it can weaken terrordactyl a lot

1 Like

for some flying undead who can shoot and move 2 tile, regen his own health when he attacks and need to be stepped to kill, i think itā€™s still fair especially if you compare it to fleshcrawler.

obviously, all phobies type has weaknesses, undead and dimensional are pretty weak to poisons. undeads cannot be healed except by itself and dimensionals doubled the poison damage but can still be rescued by healer.

It is indeed has low health but it needs to be stepped if you wish it to be truly dead. this is not a small thing cause you need to at least commit one move to step on it leaving bad choices for your opponent. whatever phobie that stepped yours probably will be killed when your turn arrive and if itā€™s not, then youā€™re not using it efficiently.

Terrordactyl in my opinion is one of the best kite in the game. and thatā€™s not because it has a lot of health. buffing the health will make it overpowered after all those benefit it received from its class and resurrection.

in 1v1 Terordactyl that will always win against blast-o-matic, fishtank, heavo 2.0 and most melee units in the same key or under. its all simply because it needs to be stepped to be truly killed or he downed in invalid tile. it can kite them until the end of time

and poison is one of the best way to stop it. it is fragile, but didnā€™t mean its easy to kill it. it is meant to have a counter. every phobie should have counters for them.

I think youā€™re right and agree that terrordactyl needs no buffs

I agree with most that itā€™d be nice to see some use of other phobies that arenā€™t seen over the usual stabby, gin mix. But would prefer to see buffs to the weaker ones, 3-4 cost phobies seem to be the biggest issue in terms of usage.

Some buffs iā€™d life to see:

• Mike roscopic, it doesnt do enough damage/have enough health in my mind for the trade of flight considering it doesnt do much more than a bomangles and he has twice the health, itā€™d be nice to see it either have +100-300 more health, or really pump the damage up if its meant to be more like a glass cannon, so maybe another +100 damage

• Bad sushi, for a cheaper sheep, this guy has been run into the ground, I think it should at least have a basic attack or move two, if sheep is anything to go by, its usually a one and done blast phobie, so if this was too much of a buff to give it two movement, I honestly think cutting its health in half if would still make it hugely viable

• Thunder rocks is too situational, I think the damage values of basic and electric should be more level, maybe 300 base and 400 electric would possibly be fair

• Jackalope king does nothing by its self, think the pack attack is too much of a gimmick too, think it would maybe be used more if it was a bit tankier than its companions, itd also help considering the pack buff only works if it stays alive, think +200-300 health wouldnt be too much

• Gargles could definitely do with some sort of buff, buffing its attack could definitely make it more of a pain in the ass to deal with considering its a dimensional phobie. Or if its ability was more beneficial to the user, the fact that it comes out of its ability on the enemies turn means that it pretty much dies as soon as it comes out of the stone. It could be fun to have it pop out of the stone on your own turn so you can get sneaky hits in, or retreat safely, or alternatively it could perhaps fully heal when it comes back out, that way its ability feels a lot more threatening

• I absolutely love clobster, love its design and how it works, I dont know if itā€™d be fair to up its damage, but itd be really nice as another jar counter, so potentially buffing its attack to be the same as jars health per level, and then reduce its health proportionality (like -200-600 health) that way it feels more like an assassin

• Temptress, Think it could definitely benefit a cough more damage or hp to make it more viable in more situations other than ā€œI see a mechanical phobieā€ like +100 hp and +50 damage?

• Paddles, I could be wrong here and im sleeping on it too much, but every time iā€™ve used paddles its been really underwhelming for its cost, its ability is amazing, but it feels like its trying to do too many things, ultimately if someone is using this, they want to do a crazy play by using its ability, not for anything else. That said, I think either it can do more on its own other than its ability (like giving it a similar amount of health as gonzo bonzo) or take a bunch of stuff from it in exchange for something more valuable. I dont know how balanced these would be but some of the following would be fun, in exchange for removing its flight and its electricity, maybe even making it one movement: 1. allow it to use its ability when it is summoned 2. Reduce its cost to 3 keys, or reduce its cooldown to 2

1 Like

I think Quagmire should be nerfed, his hp is too high for a 5 key phobie, also his attack is painful, added with annoying regenerationā€¦

Pls buff Charon, either make him beefy like Quagmire or give it a 3 movement speed, because he is a ferry man, he is being ā€œuselessā€ in deactivating the points because he is slow and soft

Buff creep, he is so week and the poison is cheap, not doing very muchā€¦

1 Like

Also, rusty I have one but havenā€™t used it yet in my entire gameplay, give itā€™s ability damage like 450-500 (a razor sharp biting trap should give pain) , also it canā€™t catch anyone if he has 2 movement give it 3 or 4?!

Fetch is too overwhelming, the hp is huge, the attack is huge, an undead which can leech, and a push skill, maybe weaken itā€™s attack a little and increase itā€™s hp in returnā€¦

The jackelopes are use less!!! I mean it!, Either make them beefy or cheaperā€¦

1 Like

I think jar can use a health buff not much just a tiny bit so that murder wing canā€™t kill it in one got when using its ability
As we know murder wing is plenty strong as is it doesnā€™t need to be an counter pick to be viable

1 Like

jar cannon can be one shooted by murder wing is very fair

3 Likes

Murder Wing is pretty bad in combat compared to non-flying phobies. Itā€™s used mostly to kill Jar Cannon, sometimes itā€™s used to instantly capture a Panic Point behind an obstacle (however Gravedigger does a better job in a longer term, because it allows to put more non-lobbers in a front line). If we take away his ability to one-shot Jar Cannon, then it will become one of the weakest 3-keys in the game.

2 Likes

Def agree with u and some of these other posts. Thot the same thing. And the ginsting duo is pretty op. Be nice to get more variety or ability driven phobies.
Ive made risky moves like using brony and heartbreaker in the same match. It was intense and really fun. I should have won but i messed up and got my heavo 2.0 killed by accident by the spider - i was truly devastated lol. Id perfer games to be like this but its always a gamble. Sort of pushes Players to play with the universal and safer phobies. Also if u take the risk u sort of know that its gonna be a long game for that win or loss lol.
They should probably just get rid of one of the ginstings too. Of all the phobies thats the one phobie i actually dislike because its just a straight copy - or mb regardless of that its just lame for some reason. Just goes to show tho they can add skins to phobies , mb thru (special) events or packs etc. even if its just a recolorization.
I just want them to push out hella new content already - new modes, ongoing events, phobies, new menu/index/setup (cuz with more added content i think everythings going to have to be more organized and more accessible / look different) etc.
i have to say tho they did add a lot more content since i started playing few months ago.

They should make bronys cd 3 instead of 4 imo. He def needs power players backin him up. But can be hard with high key costs. I was using bluealien to heal him while shielding / trying to take capture points on down time to get the most out of his ability. Like heartbreaker its hard to use their abilities more than twice in a game, mb even once to be honest (tho i can see y too. Their abilities can be extremely op)

1 Like

Nerf overload and uhh ( ok so I donā€™t know what the phobia is called sense itā€™s a stress level phobia , so Iā€™m just going to call it) chicken phobia (because it looks like a chicken)

Overload phobia

Overload is a 7key robotic phobia that has range and has a special that does surrounding damage.I like this phobia and its pretty balance.exept that itā€™s recharge special is 1 turn , it doesnā€™t make sense itā€™s one turn.like if you compare it to other phobia with itā€™s same ability , in 7 key (its flesh crawler) , it takes 2 turns.this isnā€™t like game breaking but this just mean that people will just keep choosing this phobia over flesh crawler.if you could just change overload to 2 turns then we would be seeing more of flesh crawler in game and seeing more tactic with him.

Chicken phobia (thing)

All I know about chicken phobia is that its a undead creature (I think) that does 920 damage (level 11) that has a special that does 290 damage and give :purple_circle: poison.this creature does way to much damage , even if it was a level 11 creature.could you just have the damage to 650 or 700 damage.you can keep everything else that same.

1 Like

Bluelien is pretty nuts frankly. It costs the same and is as sturdy as Wooly Bully (which isnā€™t a terrible phobie by any stretch), but comes with a superior form of movement and much better attack value, which goes well with the dimensional tag, too.
So if the statline is strictly better, surely the ability must be worse, right? But no, itā€™s the most versatile healing ability in the game that can potentially heal more hp than even Doctor Dermic per use (base value of 1500 vs Bluelienā€™s 8x200), but is also useful for patching up several scratches on different phobies or even cure multiple poisoned phobies (over 2 turns). On top of that, it has a downtime of 1 turn instead of 2 like the other healers. Oh and Bluelien can heal itself, so you donā€™t really need to keep it in the very back of your formation either.
Could easily cost 6 and have a 2 turn cooldown.

2 Likes

IMO there are few phobies that need adjustments with urgency, its clear that all the phobies cant have the same perfomance but i think that the rarity of a phobie should be worth, not necessary OP but at least be a very good option for certain situacions.

Nobody like to collect coffee for weeks and then buy a horrific pack to get useless Rare and Ultrarare cards (dont ask for dreadful pack), some of the phobies or phobie families that im going to list needs improvements on their stats or abilities to have a good performance in the game.

Ultrarare phobies:

Leshy: This dimensional Ent doesnt have great stats for a 7 key phobie, but reason to be here is that his special ability isnt useful in the game right now, normally when you trade attacks in the game you dont use healing phobies unless you want a save a very important phobie or the other team have several poison effects, most of the time clinico and muffintop its enough for that situation and very cheaper. Now with bluelien realease he is completely outclassed.
The problem: never is worth mobilise your group (lose great positions, turns, 7keys) for 1k more AOE heal.
Posible solution: make the heal a passive ability to heal the most damaged/poisoned phobie in a near tile.

Rare Phobies:

Jackalope and Jill: i decided to put this two units toguether because IMO they have te same gameplay problems: in general the lebrilope family and the marriaged duo arent having a good performance for a couple reasons.

1. The revive ability could be really annoying in big and hard to kill units (see terrordactyl) but in these squishy units its not the best, they are killed and steped with ease.
  2. The statistics are bad balanced for these units, the game gives better statistics to the units with no passive or active abilities, but in this case the between pack ability, zombie and revive leave them really bad HP and ATK
  3. The pack atk buff its not worth at all, its so easy to quite them and relies on another unit in the field.
    Posible solutions: im not sure if its posible degrade these 2 units to uncommon tier, they are truly disapointment and hard to balance, because if buff statistics compared with other same cost units they wil be really op. as i mention before the rarity should worth.
    Other option its make lebrilope statistics scale with the number of lebrilopes in the field HP and ATK. adding a low amount of hp and atk with 1 partner but so much better with 2 or 3.
    For jill and ted i guess that the atk buff should be changed to another thing, could be ā€œhoneymoon in hellā€ when both units have die of the field refund 1 key. IDK

Clobster: A crab with so high movility its a great design, pitifully he doesnt mean a threat to the backlane just because the low ATK, 380 for a non ranged 4key phobie is really low.
Solution: its easy just buff the a ATK a little because his ability have a lot of potencial.

Furkin leepricarn: the idea of disable specials sounds great on paper, but the true is that he isnt in good moment right now, i think that the range of the ability its fine but 3 turns cooldown doesnt work versus the high number of phobies with 1 turn cooldown abilities.
Posible solution: i suggest make unlucky charm reset add 2 turn of inability as flat cooldown to the oponent and increase a bit the statistics.

Uncommon phobies:

Gargles: the gargoyle isnt fun to play for a big reason; his ability doesnt mean any threat or advantage to the owner, you dont do damage, lose 2 turn of your phobie and he probably will back to normal form in the middle of the enemies in their turn. Off course if you survive the suicide and useless play you have 4 turn cooldown. The special ability should make him stay safe and make the enemies dont want to be near.
Posible solution: The first change should be eliminate the suicidal part of the ability and make it ends in your own turn. The seconds change will add some threat to the ability that could be damage or stun in area when the stoneform ends, its dodgeable but will make the enemies leave the area.

Bad sushi: i see a lot of players complaining about this phobie and they have all the reasons to do it. bad sushy isnt having a single play in the game right now. the idea of a slowly poisoned fish jumping to you its good, we have to say the damage of the phobie is huge but the reality is the fish cant catch any oponent.
Posible solution: i guess that a 1 tile jump (like sukee) when uses his ability could fix the problem even if is necessary reduce the dmg.

There are some other uncommon phobies with low perfomance in the game like temptresss, charon, boofairy but these phobies just need statistics adjustments not a ability or game play change.

i hope to be listened by the developers. thanks

3 Likes

Reduce Clobsterā€™s basic movement to 1.

2 Likes

Bad sushi suggestion: reduce hp by 400 and up move to two

2 Likes

Nerf Beauty

Detail: Beauty is a dimensional creature, flys, 8 Keys, has range (2 spaces) that does 450 damage , spread damage, has 2000 hp, and has a special beam canon that does 500 damage that can throw multiple enemy troops and doesnā€™t half the damage after going throw the second phobia.to activate the special beam canon you need to hit a creature that is at least 2 spaces away from you

Scenario to think of: small map

Hereā€™s the problem with this creature, beauty is to powerful. 450 damage is find , itā€™s just the spread damage.like any creature that is hiding behind my phobies will take 450 while also doing 900 damage to the phobies in front. You can even make this worse if you have other range creature with it.

Killing the creature is also hard , you have to do 2000 damage to kill it. I donā€™t know how Iā€™m supposed to kill this creature with out risking my own phobias life.even if I do kill it Iā€™m going to risk my phobias still because 1. beauty is dimensional, and 2. The enemy team should have other range that can do a lot of damage (like Bomangles or unbearable)

Also, beauty is just a better version of boss.to keep it short, boss is a phobia that is 8 Keys and has an special ability that does 450 damage (with spread damage) that takes 3 round to recharge.it doesnā€™t make any sense to pick boss when you have beauty.the reason why is because beauty does the same special attack as boss, expert itā€™s in his normal attack.

Oh , Iā€™m also failing to mention beauty special attack.well , itā€™s just adding to the power of bueaty. Bueaty special beam literally just precious phobias in a straight line and does 500 damage. Thatā€™s to much.you like gave bueaty , stare master , attack and just increase itā€™s attack 5 times over.

Please nerf beauty

3 Likes

Hi, itā€™s the first time I visit this forum. I think that Heart Breaker needs a buff, because costs 8 keys and his ability is strong, but too much slow to valorise the high number of spent keys.

3 Likes

I think Honey Bear needs a damage buff, also wapol need more hp

1 Like

I have a suggestion for Slammerhead, and itā€™s more of a rework than a nerf or buff, since I like to see other peopleā€™s thoughts of nerfs and buffs instead of my own, so hear me out.

I would like to have more ā€œkickā€ to Slammerheadā€™s mediocre ability, ā€œPlay Smashfaceā€ or simply the push back.

After some time to think, and realizing that there are plenty of Phobies with push back abilities (like the Rambolina, Finnigan, etc), what Slammerhead only has going for him is his stats. Heā€™s got long travel distance, high health, and good damage. Other than that, heā€™s just a beefier version of boomer.

Now I have two suggestions:

• Have a stun effect for the push back. But before you get all surprised and say ā€œHell no, thatā€™s bustedā€, donā€™t worry, there will be conditions to be met. If Slammerhead pushes a target that is backed up against a structure, the wall of a map, or another phobie, that target will get stunned for one turn. This ability however will have a cooldown for one turn.

• Slammerhead can push back structures. Whether it is mental block, or Grave Diggerā€™s/Mount Crushmore, Slammerhead can push it off. The structures will knock back, not damage any phobies however. This ability will also have a cooldown for one turn.

As the name implies, I love this phobie, but Iā€™ve not been using him alot lately, simply because itā€™s more practical to go for other more competent phobies. I just want to up the competition for Slammerhead, and he needs some much more love.

• SlamMyHead
3 Likes

I especially agree with the snowball lock. Fine to anticipate 250ish damage coming out of spawn to discourage aggressive plays but the threat of snowball doing 500ish damage at the same range for the same keys is unhealthy for the game.

2 Likes