My 5 ideas of phobies that I hope are original ^w^

Hello friends today I bring you 5 ideas of some phobies that I would like to see in the game I hope you like them since it took me a long time in doing them :smiley:

We start with the first idea and I am talking about Rat-tero (it is a play on words in Spanish since they are called Ratero to someone who steals) Well Rat-tero is a phobie that steals the special attacks to the enemies one square away, once he steals them, he gives them to an ally in a range of two squares away and can be thrown over walls, but the special attack loses 25% of its percent damage and is only compatible with phobies of the same class as the phobie that was stolen the move also the stolen special attack can only be used once and also It can only be put on a phobie that has its special attack on recharge and once the attack is stolen, the phobie that stole the attack has its attack charge timer reset.

He is based on Kleptophobia (fear of being robbed

Example:
You can steal Mildred’s super attack and so its timer resets and becomes useless once stolen you can give it to a Murder wing and make (she or he I really I don’t know if it’s female or male I’ll refer to Murder wing as her ) make Murder wing can throw cats but from there that stolen ability disappears
He is made to be a support and help phobies who depend on his super attack the example can be the other way around Rat-tero can steal the super attack from Murder wing and give it to Mildred so she can do something .It is also the perfect counter to characters with very strong super attacks like Mildred or Pasgett.

Stats of Rat-tero

1200 hp
350 damage
2 ground distance
one of range of attack that is melee
its special attack has a cooldown of 3 turns and a lock of 1 turn
is a rare chance phobies
its category is a monster
its price is 5 keys.

At level one

How to counter him:
Kill him before giving the super attack to the ally

Backstory:
He’s a great thief and he may be weak but he’s very smart so he gives special attacks to his allies so they get into combat and he’s just watching the fight while sneaking in the dark waiting to steal something

Here are some illustrations

We continue with the second idea, this is Little rat (his name comes from a common insult towards children who do things like steal) Little rat is Rat-tero’s apprentice instead of stealing super attacks he steals effects and depending on the effect he turns it into a super attack that he can throw one tile away at an ally if it’s a positive effect and to an enemy if it is a negative effect, when stealing an effect it is reduced by 15%. It can also steal negative effects from an ally such as poison, damage reduction, freezing, etc. It is support since it can remove negative effects from allies. This can serve as an alternative to remove negative effects from a zombie.

Example:
The enemy permanently poisons your Cerberus and what you can use Little rat to remove the poison and you can save them to return it to the enemy

He is based on Kleptophobia (fear of being robbed)

Stats of Little rat:

1000hp
300 damage
2 mobility ground slabs
1 attack range
His super ability has 1 range, a one-turn lock, and recharges within 2 turns.
It’s a uncommon phobie
cost 3 keys
It is monster category

How to make him caunter:
Kill him before stealing the effect

At level one

Backstory:
He is Rat-tero’s apprentice,he sees him as a superior person so he tries his best to be like him the problem with little rat is that he enters the fight as if he is very strong so he only helps allies giving them positive effects and removing the negative ones so that they can enter combat with a little more power

Here are some illustrations:

We continue with the third idea which is Beelzebufo (its name comes from a prehistoric frog known for being very large to be a frog)Beelzebufo it’s a defense phobie whose ability is about pulling a big hand out of its mouth and grabbing an enemy in a 1 square range and whipping them in a 1 square range area so around
It is good for large maps where there are empty areas to be able to launch enemies there and dig with them at once

He is based on the Haphephobia (having a phobia of being touched)

Stats of Beelzebufo:

1500hp
350 damage
2 mobility grounds slabs
1 attack range
If super attack recharges in 2 turns and has a 1 turn padlock
It’s a uncommon phobie
cost 4 keys
It is ghost category

How to counter him:
Take advantage of the fact that he is used a lot in the empty corners of the map so take advantage of that and push him into the void with some phobie like Slamerhead before he throws you

At level one

Backstory:
I don’t know where it came from, we only know what a phobie has inside him with at least 7 keys since he has the strength to lift a Cerberus or a Barzilla

Here are some illustrations :

And we continue with the fourth idea which is one of the most curious phobies that you may have heard I am talking about My friend monofo he is a phobie whose super attack is about latch onto an enemy phobie and once latched it deals constant damage from which it drains 60% of the damage inflicted in life also when grabbed as a parasite it can be attacked Hasi that develops a shield that covers 90% of damage inflicted on it the carrier of this parasite cannot attack it ,but also My friend monofo cannot move until it detaches from its carrier and also suffers 40% poison damage and permanent poison in this parasite phase if the parasite phase ends, it will leave a box next to the carrier with 2 turns saved if the carrier is surrounded by obstacles My friend monofo will shoot out as close as possible to the bearer but out of obstacles but will spend 1 turn

Example:

It serves to counter the campers since it moves 3 squares

He is based on monophobia (the phobia of being alone)

Stats of My friend monofo:

1200hp
500 damage
1 attack range
3 mobility grounds slabs

If super attack takes 3 turns and deals 300 damage, drains 60% of the damage he deals while alive, gains a shield for 90% less of the damage dealt, the poison deals a 40% more damage (being a ghost category, the poison will do its normal damage since the shield takes care of 90%, but being a ghost receives 50% more damage plus 40% in parasitic mode gives a poison that causes normal damage)

The super attack takes 6 turns to recharge so that at the end of the parasite phase you have to wait 3 turns

Super attack has a 1 turn lock
It’s a ultra rare phobie
Costs 6 keys
It is ghost category

at level 1

How to counter him:
Poison him and corner him so when he comes out of the parasite phase you finish him off

Backstory:
He is a phobie who seeks to defend his master’s heart while he sleeps he is determined to kill the rats that only hide and attack, WITH A BIG HUG!

Here are some illustrations

and we go with the last of the list and that is Mr. Cris he is a support made to obtain panic points your special attack is about to obtain all the panic points on the map since it creates an explosion that causes all the panic points to be covered in yellow paint which causes turn in favor of the team that used Mr. Cris to be able to remove the paint you have to be at the point of panic for one turn and the next turn the square returns to its normal This means that for the enemy to take over a panic point of yours, he must be in it for 2 turns.

Example:

The heart of the enemy is at low life but your heart too and the enemies are in front of it and the next turn they will destroy itWell, I can take out Mr. Cris and you can get all the panic points and do a lot of damage and win the game. You can also use it to force the enemy to go to a certain place

He is based on Chrysophobia (One of the MOST HORRIBLE PHOBIAS TO SUFFER, which is having a very strong terror of the color yellow)

Stats of Mr.Cris:

1200hp
300 Damage
2 mobility grounds slabs
2 attack range
If super attack has an area of ​​the entire map, it takes 4 turns to charge and has a one-turn lock
It’s a rare fobie
cost 5 keys
It’s monster class

How to counter it:

To counter him you have to force him to fight as he has very bad stats so he’s bad in phobies PVP

At level 1

Backstory:
It is a kind of yellow mass that seeks to fill everything with its color since it believes that this way it can become the king of all phobies (the truth is very ridiculous to believe that)

Here are some illustrations:

Ok friends I hope you liked this presentation and to clarify that these are just some ideas that I would like to see in this incredible game called Phobies the truth is that it was fun for me much in making these ideas and being able to share them with you.
I have many ideas for new phobies I am creating 3 new ideas for phobies that are one that floods the map with water for a while and all the phobies can be both allies and enemies they move one square per turn (this phobie is going to be based on it thalassophobia)
The second idea is a phobie that can spawn springs (it’s based on germophobia)
And the third one is a phobie that hides your number of keys for a while and you can spawn a phobie that the enemy sees it as a dark mass that moves teleported so that the enemy does not know if it is a terrestrial or underground flyer and has to deduce that phobie is from its movements and damage range (It will be based on the fear of the unknown).
So stay tuned

Well after this spoiler I retire have a very nice day :smiley:

By the way, if there are writing errors, it is because I used a translator since my English is a bit good, but in long texts there I am.

17 Likes

I fell in love with the concepts :sunglasses: the phobies are epic. I hope they put them in the game :smiley:

2 Likes

I absolutely adore all of the concepts but the one that I adored ( design-wise ) was Beelzebufo
Each of the sketches and breakdowns were fun to read and see! :smiley:

6 Likes

wow thank you I am very happy for that especially because it was the one that made the most sketches

Wonderful sketches and ideas! Really enjoyed them. As with most in the comments: especially Beelzebufo!

You inspired me to start sketching my own; I shared my first one on a separate thread.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m glad to hear that. :smiley:

1 Like

They are very good ideas, I love everyone’s designs, they look very cool and it seems that they were from the game, the one that I liked the most was the last one, since its control over panic points would be very helpful

1 Like

Little rat little rat

1 Like

Gotta commend the effort for making a short backstory for every suggestions, especially this MrCris, it’s cool very cool

1 Like

Tus ideas son fantásticas, tus dibujos son preciosos y simplemente maravilloso.

Beelzebufo y Litte-rat parecen de arte salido del juego especialmente. Quizá un retoque a rattero no le vendría mal, puesto que la cleptomanía ya existe con Klepto, pero por lo demás es un trabajo realmente precioso. Mis congratulaciones :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hermosos!
Se nota el talento!

1 Like

Like specially for drawings XD

realy interesting; i like the last one but, he need a rebalance to evade make him a stress level phobie, afther Oppsy Baby (lvl 60) all of them are ultra rares and harder to obtain.
apart I add some details in your drawn if you are interested.

3 Likes

I am specially fond to japanese culture. I would really love a phobie inspired in one of the japanese mithology like a zombie samurai, kappa, the umbrella demon, etc. It would be really sick a Jekyll&Hyde Phobie too!!

How did you create that Phobies card template?! It’s likeness to the cards you see in the game is impeccable!

I used a template that I think is old that I found by Discord, from there I had to cut, edit and retouch in GIMP in addition to finding the correct typography so that the letters were the same as those of the game; It took me a while to do it.

I don’t recommend relying entirely on that because it’s missing symbols and others aren’t used. the typography is Nirmala UI.

3 Likes

Brilliant! Thank you for sharing this! Yeah I can imagine it took you quite some time to put it all together, I’ve been creating the card set ups and symbols by hand but I think I’ll use the typography seeming as that’s especially a difficult to try and replicate by hand. Thanks again!

Where did you look up and get the font from? Because when I tried looking up Nirmala UI the results were completely different to what you showed.

1 Like

You must give it shadow effect and tilt it.

1 Like

I mean, when I look up Nirmala UI, all i get is the Indic scripts typeface. Just wondering where/how you got the English version. Also what software did you use to write out the text library with?